Team Heart Training Hub
Get moving for Team Heart at Race for Life!
Race for Life is about having fun and saving lives – so it doesn’t matter if you walk, jog or dance your way around the course!
With the arrival of the warmer weather, why not make the most of being outside!
- How about walking some or all of the way to work
- Join a running club
- Get your colleagues involved with a lunch time fitness club
- And of course - turn up the radio to dance to your favourite Heart tracks!
Keep our top tips in mind to make sure you stay fit and healthy in the lead up to your race:
- If you're a beginner, increase the time you exercise for gradually
- Train with friends to help keep each other motivated
- Remember to warm up and cool down before and after any race
- Worried you have an injury? Get plenty of rest.
- Keep yourself well hydrated in training and on race da
Race for Life is all about showing cancer who’s boss, not who is the fastest around the course. However if you want to set yourself a personal challenge check out our 5k training plan which should help you ensure you are in tip top condition for race day.
Finally please remember, before you do any exercise, if you have any health concerns please see your doctor.
Good luck with your training – Go Team Heart!