Woman dies after Mold house fire

A woman's been found dead after a house fire in North Wales on Thursday afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the semi-detached property on Llys Derwen in Mold just before 15.30.

The 55-year-old was found dead in an upstairs room.

The cause of the fire is now being investigated but police do not think it's suspicious.

In a statement North Wales Fire and Rescue service said:

"North Wales Fire and Rescue Service were notified of the incident at 15.15hrs this afternoon (Thursday 18th November) and two appliances from Mold and Deeside were mobilised to attend.

"Firefighters arrived to find the property heavily smoke logged with fire damage to the upstairs front bedroom.

"The body of the deceased female occupant, aged 55, was discovered upstairs. It would appear that the fire had been smouldering for some time."