Princess Charlotte copies the Queen's wave in adorable unearthed video
19 November 2021, 18:10
Princess Charlotte wanted to be just like her great-grandmother, and Kate Middleton's reaction will warm your heart.
Listen to this article
The video is taken from Tropping the Colour in 2018 when members of the Royal Family took to the balcony of Buckingham Palace to watch the display.
During the occasion, little Charlotte – who was three-years-old at the time, can be seen standing in front of her mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, as she claps for the planes.
- Six things you might have missed in Meghan Markle's interview on The Ellen Show
- The Queen gives 1,500 staff the same £6 Christmas present from Tesco
- Queen Elizabeth II touches her wedding ring at the mention of Prince Philip
Prince George's little sister can then be seen looking over at the Queen and seeing the Monarch regally waving to the crowds.
The Princess then stops her clapping and instead decides to start waving, just like Her Majesty.
Watch the moment here:
I love this little video of Princess Charlotte coping The Queen’s wave, so cute 🥺— CoutureAndRoyals (@CoutureRoyals) May 2, 2021
She definitely knows who to look for as inspiration 👀 pic.twitter.com/JhrHDYTvCi
One of the sweetest moments, however, is the Duchess of Cambridge's reaction as she realises what Charlotte has done.
Kate can be seen watching her daughter's actions, and lets out a little laugh when she realises what just happened before turning to William to tell him about the heartwarming moment she just witnessed.
The moment delighted fans when it first happened in 2018, just like it has now the clip has been unearthed.
One person wrote on Twitter: "I love this little video of Princess Charlotte coping The Queen’s wave, so cute."
Another commented: "My favourite is when Charlotte looks to the Queen and she give a wave. She is so cute."
Obviously, we totally agree.
Read more Royal Family news:
- The defining moment Kate Middleton became a 'high ranking royal' this weekend
- Kate Middleton wears two pieces of Princess Diana's jewellery to Festival of Remembrance
- The Queen is forced to pull out of Remembrance Sunday Service at the last minute