Win a mascot place at Soccer Aid 2021 - Terms and Conditions
23 July 2021, 17:35 | Updated: 25 July 2021, 16:40
Win a mascot place at Soccer Aid 2021 on Heart, July 2021 – Specific Rules
1. The ‘Win a mascot place at Soccer Aid 2021 for UNICEF’ promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Monday 26th July to Friday 30th July 2021 in the Heart Breakfast Show on the Heart network. Global is the Promoter. The ‘Promotion Partner’ mentioned in these Specific Rules is Soccer Aid.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions. Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must listen to the Heart Breakfast Show between Monday 26th July and Thursday 29th July and, when prompted by the presenter, text in with the keyword SOCCER to 82122 (the “Text Message Line”).
4. The Text Message Line will open at 06:00 on Monday 26th July and close at 08:00 on Thursday 29th July. Entries received before or after the specified time will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged.
5. Within 1 hour of the closing time of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. One entry will be selected at random and this entrant will be contacted by one of our representatives via the telephone number on which you entered.
6. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us.
7. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. Standard rate text messages to promotion shortcodes are not normally included in ‘inclusive’ packages and may be charged. If entry is made by text message, be sure to use the correct shortcode. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
8. The randomly selected entrant must take part in a pre-recorded quiz round between 10:00 - 11:00 on Thursday 29th July with the Heart Breakfast Show presenters, which will play out on air on Friday 30th July. The winning entrant must be available during this time to take the call and play the quiz with presenters over the phone.
9. The quiz will involve the entrant having to guess the outcome of some famous penalty shootouts from Soccer Aid in the past. There will be 3 audio clips and the entrant must correctly predict the outcome of 2 spot kicks to win. If the first randomly selected entrant fails to guess 2 outcomes correctly, they will not win a prize and we will randomly select another entrant (as per the process outlined in clause 5) to play the quiz. This process will continue until an entrant correctly guessed 2 outcomes and wins the prize.
10. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
11. You must answer your telephone when we contact you. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If:
(i) you fail to answer the phone;
(ii) someone else answers the phone;
(iii) the call goes to voicemail;
(iv) the call becomes disconnected;
(v) you are not (or do not seem to us to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving);
or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
If you have complied with all applicable terms and conditions, and if you are successful (including correctly answering any questions and/or successfully completing any tasks, as applicable) then you will be declared the winner of the Promotion.
12. We and our Promotion Partner may publish and publicise your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
13. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that us and our promotional partner may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
14. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
15. The Mascot chosen must be aged between 6 and 12 years old (See clause 18 for details).
16. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
17. One winning entrant will receive:
- · A Mascot place at Soccer Aid 2021 – the mascot must be between the ages of 6 and 12 in order to take part in Soccer Aid
- · 4 x Signed Soccer Aid World XI shirts with names on back
- · 4 General admission tickets to Soccer Aid on Saturday, 4th September 2021
- · A £250 voucher to cover to cost of train travel
- · An overnight stay in one room with breakfast for 4 people at the Kimpton Clocktower Hotel
18. The winning entrant may pick the mascot chosen to taken part in Soccer Aid – they must be between the age of 6 and 12 years old and must be known by winner (i.e child, family member etc)
19. The winner and their guests will need to comply with the conditions of entry to the Etihad Stadium. Soccer Aid for UNICEF will operate in accordance with the latest government Covid-19 Guidelines on Saturday 4th September 2021. Additional safety measures may be required such as proving your covid status via the NHS Pass, full details will be communicated with winners ahead of the planned event.
20. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
21. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
22. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
23. We are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
24. Your personal data, and the personal data of any guest(s)/travel companion(s) that you or they provide to us, will be collected and processed by us and our promotional partner, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited and Quidem Limited), as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
25. We may hold your personal data for a period of 2 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
27. We, the Promotion Partners and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion.
29. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
30. If you are required to submit a guest(s)/travel companion(s) personal data to enter a Promotion, you must ensure that your guest(s)/travel companion(s) have given you consent to provide us with their personal data.