Dixie & Emma's Home School Showdown Ts&Cs
14 April 2020, 18:49 | Updated: 17 April 2020, 11:48
The Home School Showdown on Heart Yorkshire, 2020
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at heart.co.uk under “Terms and Conditions”) of Communicorpuk (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to The Home School Showdown radio competition (the “Competition") which will run on Heart Yorkshire. Registration opens on 14th April 2020 and closes 2359 4th June 2020 - with the final round being played on Friday 5th June.
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To register to take part in the competition an Entrant must:
Send a text message with the word BIKE to 82122. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. The text message line is open from 1600 on Tues 14th April until 2359 on Thurs 4th June 2020.
The Home School Showdown is primarily an entertainment feature rather than a competition. One round of the competition will be played every weekday between (excluding bank holidays) between 4pm & 7pm from Mon 20th April. Each day an entrant will be selected at random to play on-air, and will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation will be recorded and played on-air. The entrant must answer 10 general knowledge questions in the quickest possible time. Incorrect answers incur a 10 second penalty. A score of 5 or more correct questions will win the contestant their bike supplied by Wilco Motosave. Questions will be age and ability appropriate.
If the caller fails to answer a return call from Communicorp UK, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer) the call may be terminated and another entrant selected at random.
4. Players must be aged between 5 and 11 (inclusive) and have parental permission to participate.
5. Players must live within an LS, S, DN, HX, HD, WF, YO or HG postcode.
6. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
7. A score of 5 correct answers will win the contestant a brand new bike from Wilco Motosave. Winner's parent will receive an e-mail allowing them to choose the style of bike and supply child height details. Bikes will be collected from Wilco Motosave at the end of the competition, subject to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions. Winners may be required to supply a photo or have a photo or video taken with members of the Heart team, subject to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions.
8. Communicorpuk reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.