Kate Middleton's subtle tribute to the Queen even when she's not looking
5 April 2022, 14:22 | Updated: 6 April 2022, 16:09
The Duchess of Cambridge is said to have been 'maintaining standards' even when the Queen was unaware.
Listen to this article
The Duchess of Cambridge attended the service for Prince Philip at Westminster Abbey last Tuesday alongside Prince William, Prince George and Princess Charlotte as well as other members of the Royal Family.
The Queen was the last to arrive at the Abbey, and walked down the aisle before taking her seat at the front of the attendees.
- The Queen 'sheds a tear' for her beloved Prince Philip at memorial service
- Royal fans spot sweet moment between Princess Charlotte and Princess Beatrice
- Kate and William's subtle parenting move at memorial service you might have missed
It was in the moment the Queen passed Kate Middleton that royal fans spotted the Duchess of Cambridge bowing to the Monarch.
While no one else in the rows surrounding her appeared to, and even though the Queen was not looking or conversing with Kate, she still made a conscious decision to bow.
Some royal fans have said that the mother-of-three is "maintaining standards" even when the Queen is unaware.
Watch the moment here:
One person commented: "The curtsy is a sign of respect, not submission, to The Queen. In this instance, freely given. The Duchess of Cambridge did not have to do it and I did not see anyone else do it. Therefore it was done with the upmost respect toward her Majesty."
Another person shared: "Catherine is simply the Ultimate Royal standard. Class and Elegance through and through."
A third commented: "This captured, for me, a very moving moment. Respect to the glorious Queen."
Read more Royal Tour news:
- How Kate Middleton keeps her clothes pristine on Royal Tour with packing hack
- Prince William and Kate Middleton go scuba diving on secret date during Royal Tour
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's PDA moment everyone missed last night