Firefighters extinguish garage blaze

12 June 2019, 06:58

fire engines generic

Firefighters have extinguished a blaze at a commercial garage in Bo'ness.

Emergency services were called to Rattray Street at around 4.30pm on Tuesday.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service sent four fire engines and a height appliance to the incident, where firefighters found a well developed blaze in the single-storey building.

Fire crews put out the fire and the last appliance left the scene at around 10pm.

One man was given first aid for possible smoke inhalation.

Police had earlier said that the fire was causing "large clouds of heavy smoke" and advised people to keep doors and windows closed.