On Air Now
Heart's Feel Good Weekend with Mark Wright 12pm - 4pm
23 February 2020, 23:30 | Updated: 7 May 2020, 23:32
How do I enter?
You can enter the competition by texting WIN to 82122. Texts cost £2 plus your standard network rate. All the details of how to play are here.
When do I enter?
Make sure you text while the competition is open. When you hear a song by the specified artist playing on FM or DAB, as revealed on air, you’ve got 10 minutes from the start of the song to send your text. If you text at the wrong time you may still be charged, but you won’t be able to win.
Can I enter by phone or online?
No, text is the only way to enter
I missed the artist that I’m listening for today – who is it?
Keep listening to Heart, and we’ll remind you who the artist is throughout the day and the amount of money available to win, but they’re always revealed first in Heart Breakfast at 8am. And you can always check the page on our website.
Is one person really going to win a million pounds?
YES, really! One person WILL win one million pounds tax-free – not a “share of” the cash - the whole shebang!
How will you decide who wins the million pound prize?
Winners in each round can either choose to walk away with the cash amount available, or instead choose a place in Wednesday May the 6th's draw when we’ll whittle the numbers down to 9 finalists. Then, we’ll also play one last, additional round of the competition to get our 10th finalist! On Thursday May the 7th, our 10 finalists will be asked to go to London, each with an equal chance of winning that unbelievable one million pounds!
I have sent a text to enter but haven’t received a confirmation message
There are many different reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient funds, a Premium Rate block, a monthly cap that’s been exceeded, or a problem with your mobile phone network.
You’ll need to contact your network about this:
O2: 0344 809 0202
Vodafone: 0808 040 8408
EE (from your EE mobile): 150
3: 0333 338 1003
Sky: 0333 7591 018
Virgin: 0345 454 1111
Why are my messages not sending in the first place?
If messages are not leaving your phone, then they haven’t reached us and won’t be included in the draw to win. This isn’t something we’re able to affect, so you’ll need to contact your mobile phone network (using one of the numbers above), and they’ll be able to advise you further.
I received my confirmation message quite a long time after the song played
Sometimes, when we experience a higher-than-normal volume of traffic, it can take longer than usual to process and send out our response messages, so even if you receive a confirmation message after the text lines closed, that entry was still included in the draw.
I missed a call – was it from Heart?
Unfortunately, we can’t disclose that information. Make sure that, if you enter, you’re available to safely answer your phone.
I’ve already entered one competition round. Can I enter another round?
Yes, you can enter different rounds of the competition. However, once you’ve won once, either a cash prize OR a place in the million pound draw you can’t enter again. We strongly advise against excessive use of the Premium Rate text lines.
If we’ve still not answered your question, check out our full list of Premium Rate FAQs here
‘HEART’S Make Me A Millionaire’ 2020 on The Heart Network - RULES
1) The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.heart.co.uk/terms-conditions/) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to ‘Heart’s Make Me A Millionaire’ (the “Competition") which will run on weekdays from 24/02/20 to 07/05/20 on The Heart Network (the “Radio Station”). The competition will not run on the Heart Dance, Heart 70s, Heart 80s & Heart 90s digital services.
2) Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
3) To enter the Competition, an Entrant must listen on FM or DAB and identify and text in when they hear any song by a specified artist (the “Trigger Song”) as directed on-air by the presenter(s).
4) The specified artist required to be identified by listeners will change daily at the discretion of Heart and will be announced on-air by the presenter(s) together with the daily cash amount.
5) A song (or a standard Heart edit of a song) must be played in full to count as the Trigger Song. For the avoidance of doubt, elements of advertisements, short clips, extracts or background music do not constitute the Trigger Song.
6) An Entrant must send a text message starting with the keyword WIN to 82122 (the “Text Message Line”). The Text System may not recognise any other format of the keyword.
7) Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard rate message.
8) Listeners will have 10 minutes from the start of the Trigger Song to enter. If listeners text either before the start or after the end of the 10-minute period, they will not be entered into the Competition but may still be charged. Global is not responsible for any latency experienced by an Entrant’s mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us.
9) On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in our 4-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same competition round, they will receive an additional two entries into that competition round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If they do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again.
10) Once the text lines have closed, one entry will be selected at random from all the entries received during that round. If the selected entry is eligible and sent at the correct time (i.e. during the 10-minute period from the start of the Trigger Song), the Entrant will be called back and declared the winning Entrant. If the entry is ineligible or is not sent at the correct time, another entry will be selected via this process until the entry selected at random is an eligible entry sent at the correct time.
11) All selected Entrants will be required to talk to the presenter/s either live on air, or a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and then later played on-air. If an Entrant fails to answer their phone, is driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during the call and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the Entrant, they may forfeit their chance to win and another entry will be selected at random, as per the process in clause 10 (above)
12) On talking to the presenter, the winning Entrant in each individual round must decide whether they wish to accept the cash prize available for that round, or forfeit this guaranteed prize amount in exchange for a place in a draw (the “First Stage Draw”), which is the first stage in winning the overall prize. When the presenter asks the Entrant to make an absolute final decision, the Entrant will have 10 seconds to state their decision or else they will default to winning the daily cash amount.
13) Winning Entrants who choose a place in the draw must be available to come to the Heart studios in London on Thursday 7th May 2020.
14) The number of rounds played each day is flexible. There will be a maximum of eight rounds per day, decided at the discretion of Global. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Global reserves the right to take the Competition off air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
15) For the avoidance of doubt, each Competition round is a separate round and the text system will be re-set after each round.
16) On Wednesday 6th May 2020, the First Stage Draw will take place, in which 9 winning Entrants will be drawn at random (from all the winning Entrants who chose a place in the draw, rather than a guaranteed cash prize). Each will win a place in the final stage (“The Grand Final”)
17) There will be one additional round of the Competition, which will take place on Wednesday 6th May, following the same process as in clauses 3 to 11. The winning Entrant of this additional round won’t be given a choice of prize. Their prize will be an automatic place in the Grand Final, along with the 9 other winning Entrants selected from the First Stage Draw, bringing the total number of winning Entrants in the Grand Final to 10. Global reserves the right to extend the closing time of the additional round by up to five minutes if this is necessary for technical reasons.
18) The 10 finalists in the Grand Final must be able to come to the Heart Studios in Leicester Square, London on Thursday 7th May 2020. Any finalist who is unable to attend the Grand Final may, at the discretion of Global, nominate a suitable alternative to represent them in their place. Alternatively, Global may provide a substitute in place of the finalist, at their absolute discretion. Transport and overnight accommodation will be provided for all 10 finalists (or their representatives).
19) The 10 finalists (or their representatives) will be given specific instructions once their place in the Grand Final has been confirmed. If they do not arrive at Global as requested or fail to follow any other specific instruction, Global reserves the right to exclude them from the Grand Final (in which case their place in the Grand Final will not be filled by another winning Entrant from the First Stage Draw - instead the Grand Final will be contested by the remaining Entrants only). Global’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20) During the Grand Final, the 10 finalists (or their representatives) will each be asked to select a box. Once all boxes have been selected, they will be opened at the instruction of Global’s representatives. The content of the boxes will reveal which is the winning box, at the point that they are opened. The winner of the one million pound prize will be the finalist that opens the winning box (or the finalist represented by the person who opens the winning box).
21) The order in which the boxes are selected during the Grand Final will depend on the order in which the finalists have been drawn from the First Stage Draw I.e. the first finalist drawn will be first to choose their box and the last finalist drawn will be the ninth to choose their box. The remaining box will be allocated to the winning Entrant of the last, additional round of the competition (see clause 17).
22) Global accepts no responsibility for any conflicts which may arise between winning Entrants and their representatives. For the avoidance of doubt, the representative chosen has no right to claim any prize, either or in full or a proportion thereof.
23) Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
24) An Entrant can enter up to 15 times each day (excluding free entries). We strongly advise against excessive use.
25) Any Entrant that wins a cash prize (of any value) or a place in the draw during the Competition may not enter the Competition again.
26) Entrants must have a bank account in their name as the cash prize will be paid by BACS transfer or cheque
27) If an Entrant is announced as a winner on air but is later found to be ineligible, another winner may be selected in their place.
28) The prize available in each round will be of a minimum value of £500. Alternatively a listener may choose, as their prize for that round, a place in the First Stage Draw, thereby forfeiting the guaranteed cash prize available for that round.
29) One finalist who reaches the Grand Final will win one million pounds, as per the process outlined in clauses 3 to 21.
30) Cash prizes will be paid by BACS transfer to the winner’s bank account (or via cheque).
31) With the exception of the one million pound prize, cash prizes will be paid into winning Entrants’ bank accounts the same day providing the winning Entrant provides the relevant details correctly, in the way directed, before 4pm.
32) Whilst every effort will be made to ensure same-day payment (as per clause 31) Global is not responsible for any delays in the banking system or delays in other systems required to make the bank transfer.
33) In a case where a winning Entrant requests payment by cheque, this will be paid within 28 days.
34) Global reserves the right to carry out eligibility checks which may delay payment.
35) Global will pay the prize to the winner once they have received independent financial advice, facilitated by Global.
36) Prizes are non-transferable, and no alternative is available.
37) Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time. The prize value for each round will be made clear on air.
Publicity and Identification of Winners
38) Players and Winners may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with national and regional media at the request of Global. By entering this competition, Entrants agree that Global may use their name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of their contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
39) Global accepts no responsibility or liability for how the winner of the million pound prize spends their prize money.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our phone entry services, please have a look at our FAQ's or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.