Commissioners Want To Speak To Public
8 January 2019, 15:01 | Updated: 8 January 2019, 15:04
Residents in Northamptonshire are to get a chance to speak to the two Government appointed Commissions who are oversseeing the finance and governance at the troubled Northants County Council.
The Commissioners say they felt it was important people outside the council had a chance to speak with them directly about concerns they had about the authority - set to be scrapped next year.
In an open editorial they said:
"Over the next couple of months, quite separately to the council's legal responsibility for consulting on the draft budget proposed, we thought it right to make ourselves available to you to discuss your concerns.
It is our intention to spend time hosting drop-in sessions for you as individual council taxpayers and residents to come and have a chat."
- Jan 23rd: 7pm to 930pm: Swanspool House at Wellingborough Council
- Jan 30th: 3pm to 6pm: South Northants Council at Moat Lane, Towcester
- Feb 6th: 4pm to 7pm: At the Corby Cube
- Feb 13th: 2pm to 5pm: Pemberton Centre in Rushden
- Feb 20th: 230pm to 530pm: At the Guildhall in Northampton
- Feb 27th: 7pm to 9pm: Northants County Council at One Angel Square
- Feb 28th: 10am to 1230pm: Daventry District Council, (Lodge Road)
- March 7th 10am to 1230pm: Northants County Council at One Angel Square