ABC The Lexicon of Love 40th Anniversary Tour 2024: Dates, venues and how to get tickets
11 July 2023, 06:00 | Updated: 18 July 2023, 11:42
ABC's iconic album The Lexicon of Love will be performed in full, 40 years after its release.
ABC's The Lexicon of Love is still one of the most iconic LPs ever released by a British group, so don't miss your chance to hear it performed in full by Martin Fry.
Released on 21st June 1982, The Lexicon Of Love went straight to number one upon release, and gave the world Poison Arrow, The Look Of Love, Tears Are Not Enough, and All Of My Heart.
Fans will get to hear all of these 80s anthems as Martin takes to the stage backed by the Southbank Sinfonia Conducted by Anne Dudley. They will also perform their other greatest hits.
ABC were formed in Sheffield in the 1980’s when they decided they wanted to fuse the world of disco funk with their own unique post punk vision.
To date ABC have released nine studio albums; The Lexicon Of Love, Beauty Stab, How To Be A Zillionaire, Alphabet City 87, Up 89, Abracadabra, Skyscraping and Traffic.
The Lexicon Of Love Orchestra tour first came to fruition in 2009 with countless 5 star reviews from a one off show At The Royal Albert Hall with Martin donning his iconic gold lame suit.
It sees Martin joined by Southbank Sinfonia and longtime collaborator Anne Dudley as conductor for a truly magical evening celebrating this pop masterpiece.
Next year will be 15 years since that first partnership that sees audiences returning again and again.
ABC The 40th Anniversary Tour 2024 UK dates:
- Mon 29th January 2024 - Southend Cliffs Pavilion – new show
- Tue 30th January 2024 - Stoke Regent Theatre – new show
- Thursday 1st February 2024 - London Palladium – new show
- Friday 2nd February 2024 - Cardiff St David’s Hall – new show
- Saturday 3rd February 2024 - Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre – new show
- Monday 5th February - Brighton Dome
- Tuesday 6th February - Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
- Thursday 8th February - Sheffield City Hall
- Friday 9th February - Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Saturday 10th February - Gateshead Sage
- Monday 12th February - Birmingham Symphony Hall
- Tuesday 13th February - Bath Forum
- Thursday 15th February - Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
- Friday 16th February - Manchester Bridgewater Hall
- Saturday 17th February - London Palladium
How to get tickets:
As for the new dates, artist pre-sale is on Thursday 20th at 10am, via SEE sign up, venue pre-sales are also on Thursday 20th at 10am.
The general sale is on Friday 21st at 10am.