First look inside UK's biggest waterpark with 35 slides and 25 pools
11 October 2021, 11:53
Brits will soon be able to enjoy the 25-acre waterpark complete with indoor and outdoor pools, warm water lagoons, swim-up bars, a wave pool and so much more.
A new waterpark is coming to the UK, and first look pictures of the plans has Brits already buzzing for the new attraction.
The 25-acre site may not be here yet, but the minds behind the project at Therme Group have shared exactly what to expect from the waterpark once it arrives.
This includes 35 slides, 25 pools – indoor and outdoor – 30 saunas and steam rooms, a wave pool, an adults area with swim-up bars, a warm water lagoon, a botanical garden and so much more.
The project, which is believed to be costing around £250million, is being built in Manchester, right next to the Trafford Centre.
- Harry Potter's Platform 9 ¾ trolley is touring UK train stations this year
- Disney World and Disneyland guests will now have to pay for FastPasses
- Airline launches solution for passengers who want to avoid sitting near children on long flights
As well as a waterpark, the site will also be a spa, gym and wellness centre were people can partake in pilates, yoga and other classes.
The concept images portray a tropical paradise built around the water attractions, encased in glass domes.
This tropical theme is statement to Therme's waterpark attractions across Europe, and will be mimicked at the Manchester location, with 1,500 palm trees being planted.
The site will also be home to a 10,000 square-metre botanical garden created into the shape of a rose.
At the moment, the new waterpark is expected to open to the public in 2023.
Richard Land, Chief Development Officer of Therme Group UK, said on the project: "Therme Group is based on a belief that wellbeing should be accessible for all.
"The events of 2020 have shone a light on the necessity of this mission, especially for those in cities.
"Therme Manchester will redefine city wellbeing, enhancing mental and physical health through an experience based in water and nature.
"It will offer a unique holiday at home, that acts as a catalyst for healthy lifestyles.”
Read more travel:
- Staying in a spaceship and getting back to nature: Why Marston Park is the staycation we all need
- A weekend in Whitstable: Here's what to do in the beautiful seaside town
- Four UK beaches make European top 20 list - including in Yorkshire and Bournemouth