This Morning behind-the-scenes footage reveals TV chefs don't cook finished dishes
22 October 2021, 12:50
Clodagh McKenna reveals the chefs on This Morning don't actually cook the food
Listen to this article
This Morning fans have been left stunned after finding out a secret team are responsible for the dishes revealed on the show.
Taking to her Instagram stories before Thursday's cooking demonstration, Clodagh filmed the team working on the show, including the producer and others.
She also filmed a woman called Tilly, who she says "actually cooked some pie today".
- Linda Robson forced to apologise after swearing live on Loose Women
- This Morning viewers shocked after hearing the Teletubbies speak for the first time
- Coleen Nolan says it was 'horrendous' when Ruth Langsford was replaced on This Morning
Speaking to fans, she said: "Tilly, the brilliant cook, who actually cooked some pie today!"
"So we are making this gorgeous chicken pie. With mushroom and kale, or cabbage. I think we are on at 12:15? See you at 12:15!”
This left fans of the show questioning who really cooks the finished dishes which are revealed as "one I made earlier".
And it turns out that often the finished product hasn't even been cooked by the TV chef.
In a statement released by ITV to the Mirror, they explained that "food technicians" will work with the chefs to "help prep the ingredients and additional dishes".
However, they added that the recipes are always the chef's own and they do cook them live on the show when their segment in on.
The statement reads: "All TV shows with a food element will have a food technician that work with the chefs to help prep the ingredients and additional dishes required for a live show and aid with the several versions required throughout the morning...but of course they are the chefs own recipes and the chef of course cook live on the show too when it's time for their item.
"In this case, Tilly would have helped get the dish ready that was needed at the start of the show to show viewers what dish will look like later."
- Holly Willoughby fans shocked that husband Dan looks just like Phillip Schofield
- Phillip Schofield offers to pay This Morning caller's £700 electricity bill
- Phillip Schofield left red faced after caller accuses him of snubbing young daughter