Eamonn Holmes slams Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield's 'drunk act' on This Morning after NTAs
31 May 2023, 11:19
Eamonn Holmes has continued to criticise both Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby following the This Morning fallout.
Following the National Television Awards that year, the presenting duo appeared on the This Morning sofa in their formalwear, telling viewers they hadn't been home following the after party.
While viewers, in general, found the whole situation funny at the time, Eamonn has since criticised the pair's behaviour.
- Listen on Global Player: Spencer & Vogue. Spencer Matthews and Vogue Williams let you know what they’re doing, thinking, and disagreeing on every week.
Ruth Langsford's husband said that the pair should not have been drunk on TV, but added they could also have been acting.
Speaking to Dan Wootton in an exclusive interview, Eamonn said: "First of all, the National Television Awards, there is this event which you've got to understand This Morning, under the guise of Phillip and Holly is a very false existent F A F.
"I won't tell you what those initials stand for...the first word is false, and the second word is as, you can leave it the third word.
"...And they are then allowed to turn up the next day advocating the use of drink."
- What did Dr Ranj Singh say about Phillip Schofield and This Morning?
- Holly Willoughby denies knowing about Phillip Schofield's affair with 'younger' colleague
- Exact date Holly Willoughby will return to This Morning revealed
- Phillip Schofield admits to having affair with 'younger' This Morning colleague
He continued: "But they come in doing their drunk act the next day. So it's either an act in which case it's false, or they are drunk, in which case it should not be allowed."
He went on to claim that while Holly and Phil were able to host This Morning while seemingly drunk, he and his wife Ruth were not allowed to advertise chocolate.
"Ruth and I are prevented from advertising chocolate in an advert, because it is a poisonous product", he explained: "It would be poisonous to advertise chocolate, is poisonous, and you're not going to be allowed to do it."
Eamonn went on: "The Editor of This Morning cultivated a huge area whereby anything to indulge Phillip and Holly, whatever Phillip and Holly want they get.
"Holly and Phillip, he can sell cars, she can sell whatever she wants – but she's worried about not being able to sell anything now because her image may well be damaged because she's associated with Phillip now.
"But these are rules from one and rules for the other. Does that make me bitter? Maybe it does. Maybe it does make me bitter."
- Eamonn Holmes says 'life is tough' for Phillip Schofield's ex-lover
- Inside Phillip Schofield and Eamonn Holmes' shock four year feud
- Eamonn says Holly and Phillip deserve 'a special award for best actors' amid fallout