Who is Kate Middleton's ex-boyfriend Rupert Finch?
26 January 2024, 12:29
Who is Rupert Finch and how long did he date Princess of Wales Kate Middleton? Here's a look at her romance before Prince William.
Listen to this article
During the episodes, The Crown shows Kate bringing Finchie home to meet her family, where her mother's intentions for her to befriend Prince William instead become clear.
But is Rupert Finch a real person, how long did he and Kate Middleton date for and what is he doing now? Here's a look back at their romance.
Who is Rupert Finch?
Rupert Finich is a lawyer who is reported to have a brief romance with Kate Middleton during their time at St. Andrews University.
It is believed the couple dated for less than a year, when he was 22-years-old and the Princess of Wales 19-years-old.
- Read more: Kate Middleton's strict parenting rule for George, Charlotte and Louis they cannot break
- Read more: What events has Kate Middleton had to cancel and when will she return to work following surgery?
In The Crown, the drama shows Finchie meeting Kate's family over Christmas where she accuses her mother, Carole Middleton, of trying to orchestrate a romance between herself and Prince William.
Later in the series, Kate splits from Rupert Finch and starts a relationship with Prince William.
Back in the real world, Kate and Rupert remained friends and he even attended her wedding to Prince William in 2011.
Who is Rupert Finch married to now?
Rupert Finch went on to marry Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs in 2013, the co-founder of ethical brand Beulah London.
The couple have three daughters together; Georgia, Cienna and India.
- The Crown season 6 cast explained
- Why The Crown's Olivia Williams thinks Royals don't 'totally disapprove' of the series
- The thoughtful homemade gift Kate Middleton gave the Queen for Christmas