First look at Princess Diana with Harry and William on the set of The Crown
5 August 2021, 14:57
The actors playing Princess Diana, Prince William and Prince Harry were pictured filming scenes in Scotland for the upcoming series of The Crown.
In the new pictures, Debicki is dressed as Diana, wearing a pink shirt with jeans and a navy blazer and – of course – her hair cut into the classic Diana bob.
- The Queen is 'upset and annoyed' by this particular episode of The Crown
- Helena Bonham Carter says The Crown should warn viewers that it's fiction
- Buckingham Palace deny Prince Charles had The Crown stars banned from event over affair storyline
The cast were filming at Ardverikie Lodge in Scotland, which has been used as a double for the Royal Family's Scottish residence, Balmoral Castle.
This location was also used in season four of The Crown, in scenes where Diana first visits with Charles at the beginning of their courtship.
In the pictures taken of the set, the boys playing the young Princes can we been wearing jeans and matching striped rugby shirts as they strolled around the grounds with their on-set mother.
Earlier this month, Imelda Staunton was also pictured filming scenes for the show alongside Andrew Havill, who is playing the Queen's private secretary Robert Fellowes.
The pair were pictured filming scenes on a boat off the coast of Macduff in Scotland.
The Crown has revamped the entire cast for the fifth series of the hit Netflix show, something they do every two seasons to reflect the ageing characters.
Actress Imelda Staunton is taking over the role of The Queen from Olivia Coleman, while Elizabeth Debicki is replacing Emma Corrin as Diana.
Lesley Manville has replaced Helena Bonham-Carter as Princess Margaret, Jonathan Pryce has replaced Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip and Dominic West will take on the role of Prince Charles from Josh O'Connor.
- Do the Royal Family watch The Crown? What The Queen, William, Harry and more think about the Netflix show
- How much of The Crown season 4 is true and how accurate are the royal storylines?
- The Crown season 5 casts Jonny Lee Miller as Prime Minister John Major