Hannah Spearritt confirmed for Dancing On Ice after quitting S Club tour
28 September 2023, 13:26
S Club 7 say the door is always open for Hannah
Hannah Spearritt has been confirmed as one of the skaters on Dancing On Ice 2024.
Listen to this article
The 42-year-old singer appeared on Good Morning Britain to announce she was joining the ice skating line-up, saying: "I'm really excited about learning a new skill."
She continued: "It's so easy to live your comfortable life and that aspect of mixing things up is very appealing. Fitness is another reason why I’m doing it! It's really exciting."
- Listen to the MAFS UK: It's Official! The Married At First Sight podcast with Yasmin Evans on Global Player now
After Paul's devastating death was announced, S Club members Tina Barrett, Jon Lee, Bradley McIntosh, Jo O'Meara and Rachel Stevens released a video explaining that Hannah would not be taking part in their scheduled tour.
Jon said: "You’ve probably noticed that there’s only five of us here today, and although Hannah will always be part of S Club 7, she won’t be joining us on this tour."
He added: "We wish her all the best for the future."
Watch the video here:
- S Club 7's Jo O'Meara "devastated" over death of bandmate Paul Cattermole
- Why is Hannah not going on S Club 7 tour and has she left the band?
S Club release statement confirming re-named reunion tour
Hannah has not spoken publicly about the S Club tour, however The Sun reported that the singer was ready to sign the tour contract when she was "blindsided" by the launch without her involved.
A source told the publication that Jo, Rachel, Jon, Bradley and Tina filmed the social media video without Hannah's knowledge and were "ordered not to speak to her directly".
"Hannah is devastated", the source said: "She was pushed out, and doesn’t understand why. The rest of S Club has been told not to contact her."
- S Club 7 star Paul Cattermole's cause of death confirmed as natural causes
- Stephen Mulhern 'to replace Phillip Schofield' as Dancing On Ice host alongside Holly Willoughby
- Jane McDonald tipped to present Dancing on Ice as Phillip Schofield replacement