My Mum Your Dad's Clayton appeared on First Dates earlier this year
18 September 2023, 14:31
Clayton is currently looking for love on Davina McCall's new dating show My Mum Your Dad, but it isn't the first TV dating show he has been on.
Listen to this article
The pastoral support officer from Nottingham is looking to find a connection with one of the fellow single parents at the retreat after finding himself unlucky in love.
Viewers of My Mum Your Dad have pointed out that Clayton looks familiar and that they believe he may have appeared on another TV show – and they're not wrong!
- Listen on Global Player: Spencer & Vogue. Spencer Matthews and Vogue Williams let you know what they’re doing, thinking, and disagreeing on every week
Before signing up to My Mum Your Dad, Clayton tried his luck on Channel 4's First Dates in a bid to find love.
Clayton appeared on First Dates earlier this year, in episode five of series 20, which aired in May this year.
While appearing on the show, he said that he was looking for someone "attractive and confident" after being single for five years.
- My Mum Your Dad fans say show is better than Love Island for important reason
- My Mum Your Dad soundtrack: Full list of songs featured on dating show
- How many episodes of My Mum Your Dad are there and when does it end?
During the episode, Clayton is put on a date with 40-year-old business analyst Bumni from Manchester.
As they're getting to know each other, Clayton reveals to Bumni – who has two children – that he has three sons and two granddaughters.
Rlls her that he is 55-years-old, which means that he filmed First Dates two years before going on My Mum Your Dad.
Opening up about his divorce, Clayton revealed he put his "heart and soul" into his marriage and that when his family unit came "crashing down" it hit him very hard.
He told Bumni that one day he came home and the family house was empty, with his children's bedrooms left bare, which left him in tears.
While the date went well, Clayton revealed in the post-date interview that while he liked Bumni, he felt like he was speaking to a "friend or cousin" opposed to a romantic connection.
Bumni told Clayton that she would have wanted to see him again as she felt "a spark", but said "if you're not feeling it, that's ok!"
- My Mum Your Dad's Roger makes an emotional confession over late wife
- My Mum Your Dad: How old is Janey, what is her job and who is her son Will?
- Where was My Mum Your Dad filmed? Location of house revealed