Have You Seen Stolen Jewellery?
13 May 2011, 10:32 | Updated: 13 May 2011, 10:37
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following a burglary in St Albans recently.
The incident occurred between Wednesday, March 30 and Friday, April 1 at a property in Belmont Hill. During this period a number of items have been removed including:
• A multicoloured purse which had a picture of Westminster Cathedral on
• A mens GARRARDS watch with a gold round face and a brown leather strap
• An engagement ring which was a gold band with three small diamonds
• An eternity ring which was a gold with four sapphires and three diamonds
• A diamond ring with three small diamonds
• A gold ring with three rubies and two diamonds
• A flat gold band with three rubies and two diamonds
• Flat gold band with three star shaped diamonds
• A silver/gold coloured band with three clear stones.
Detective Constable Rebecca Primrose is investigating and said: “Some of these items are very sentimental to the victim and it is important we trace them and those responsible for taking them.
“At this stage it is unclear how anyone could have got into the property and we would appeal to anyone who has any information about what happened to contact police. If you were in the area at the time and saw anyone acting suspiciously or saw any vehicles you didn’t think should be there I would like to hear from you. Please call me on 0845 3300 222.”
Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555111. You do not have to give your name and you could be entitled to a cash reward.